Friday, June 6, 2014

Introducing StyleOfTheSea, and Me


Introducing ME!
 
Hello to all my fashion forward followers.  I’m Melissa and I have started this blog in hopes to bring you all something a little different from similar blogs.  I have a huge passion for fashion and I would love to share my interests and inspirations with my followers.  I became interested in the fashion industry during high school, as I watched Lauren Conrad grow up on the MTV series Laguna Beach and The Hills.  (I mean what girl didn’t want to have her job at TeenVogue??) 
Anyways, I started reading more and more magazines, thinking that this is something that will be challenging and competitive, but if I make it into the industry, it would be my dream job.  The summer I graduated high school, I entered a contest in TeenVogue called “H&M’s Eye On Design.”  The idea was to send them a sketch of a fashion design you would want to create.  I submitted my sketch on a whim, and to my surprise, out of thousands of submissions, I was a top 6 winner!  After that, my sketch appeared in the September 2009 issue, and readers had to vote for their favorite design.  Again to my surprise, I become a top 3 finalist!! I was flown out to New York City, for a week long stay, to attend TeenVogue Fashion University, where I was able to see and meet guest speakers highly known to the fashion world: Diane Von Furstenburg, Amy Astley (TeenVogue Editor), and Eric Daman (Gossip Girl Stylist).
This, by far, was one of the coolest experiences, and it has helped me choose a career path for fashion marketing.  Through this blog, I am going to share my passion and all the things that inspire me.  My summer time style is shaped by my south Florida beach roots and will be an underlying theme.  I hope you all enjoy! StyleOfTheSea.Blogspot.com 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment